Friday, January 20, 2012

Appliances

I bought my appliances long before I planned my kitchen layout. I lucked out and everything worked out fine, but because I was working with Ikea kitchen cabinets that only come in standard sizes, I probably should have waited to buy my appliances. As it was, they went into a storage unit for six months before the kitchen was ready.  How naive of me to think that I would need them that early in the game.

Anyway, I needed four appliances: a dishwasher, stove, hood fan and fridge. I wanted them to match, I wanted stainless and other than specifying a counter depth fridge and dual fuel stove, I wasn't too fussed.  I opted for the Frigidaire Professional Series because I was able to buy the previous year's model of stove for a smoking deal.

I picked this Price Pfister faucet (from the Hanover collection) to go with my stainless appliances. I think it blends traditional and contemporary very nicely.


I realized pretty quickly that counter depth fridges are expensive. I opted instead to build out my lower cabinets four inches from the wall to give the illusion that the fridge was counter depth (29 inches instead of the standard 25).  It didn't cost me anything to do that, and it also gave me a deeper counter which I love.

I bought the Luftig Hood Fan from Ikea - and because I bought an appliance at the same time as I ordered my cabinets during their kitchen event, I got 20% back in gift cards - to the tune of almost $1300.

No comments:

Post a Comment