Friday, September 7, 2012

{sooke, bc}

Sometimes I really love my job. Except when I don't - which is, you know, most of the time.

Usually I have to get up at five to drive into Vancouver on what is supposed to be a major highway but more resembles a parking lot. Stop and go (mostly stop) for an hour. And then we might be shooting in a dark studio, or in a house that is too small to accommodate a film crew. For at least twelve hours. And then when we're done I get back in my car and do the slow crawl home again.

But today I woke up in a beautiful hotel room, went downstairs for breakfast, and then into the lobby to shoot. It was glorious. I am in Sooke on Vancouver Island.

This is the hotel that we are shooting at.

Nice, huh?
source
This was my view for most of the morning.

When I wasn't looking at this:
I get to stay another night, and then I will leisurely make my way home to Abbotsford in the morning. Making the most of every moment...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment